Thursday, June 21, 2007

Essential Oils Just Make Good Scents!


One of the last things I do when staging a home is walk around with my essential oils. If I have my faux lemon or limes out, they get a little splash as well, but you have to be careful...just one drop.


I fill the all the sinks with hot water and add some of the essential oils, my favorites are orange blossom with pink grapefruit. I'll let it sit for a minute or two then just pull the plugs, for the next couple of days, walking past the sink is HEAVEN! If the house is vacant, I'm sure it would last twice as long.


Using the essential oils leaves a very light fresh scent that lingers much better than anything room freshener I've spritzed around.


I always recommend my clients use water, white vinegar and a fresh scented essential oil for washing the floors. Again, when this is done, the floors are streak free, need no rinsing and the house smells amazing.


I'm toying with dropping some in paint...I'll let you know how it goes! (It better work, or I've wasted a gallon of Farrow & Ball!).

No comments: